Friday, March 18, 2011

March Break

Our March Break starts tomorrow and we have two glorious weeks off! The first week we are going here. We are meeting up with family from Ontario and it should be an eventful week. The day has been busy packing and making these for our travelling lunch.

These mugs were made in Japan. My husband and I spent two years in Japan (1993-1994) teaching English. We lived in Hitachi which is half way between Tokyo and Sendai. One of my students made these mugs, and the bits of colour on the bottom are beach glass which we collected on the beach down from our apartment. What has happened in Japan is devastating and our thoughts and prayers are with them.








2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time on your trip!
    I cannot stop thinking about the people of Japan either - my 6 year old raised her hand and asked that g-d help everyone in japan in temple this week. your mugs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a wonderful trip...enjoy the time away. My heart has been heavy for the people of Japan...how special those mugs must be to you.

    ReplyDelete