Monday, August 10, 2009

Rain Day

Finally we got our rain! I really can't remember the last rainy day, maybe the beginning of July? Anyway...we got lots of rain, and sometimes you just need one of those days, to catch up or just do nothing. I made my second most favourite cookie, between loads of laundry, Old Time Ginger Snaps. If you like soft ginger cookies, these are definitely for you!
Here's the recipe:: Old Time Ginger Snaps::3/4cups of butter, 2 cups sugar, 2eggs well beaten, 1/2 cup molasses, 2tsp white vinegar, 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 2-3 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon. Preheat oven to 325F. Thoroughly mix ingredients in order given and form into small balls. Place balls on cookie sheets. Bake 12 minutes. Yum!! When they come out of the oven they start to get their crackly appearance. These don't last too long in our house, so sometimes I need to hide some.
Chester our cat wasn't too sure if he wanted to get wet!!















3 comments:

  1. love that rain photo! and rainy days are the best this time of year!!

    i SO need to make those cookies when we get back into our cookie of the week! they sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice raindrop picture!
    Ginger snaps are some of my absolute favorite cookies, I can almost taste them melting in my mouth right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe. I made these yesterday morning with the kids and between them and Daddy and I a very large chunk of them have disappeared. This recipe has the three things I love to see in a recipe: it’s simple, it’s forgiving and it tastes wonderful. I only had one egg and not quite as much molasses as required so I cut out ¾ cup of the flour and they came out a dream. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete